We are looking for web designers/developers who have the ability
to design beautiful websites in Photoshop and then build in
HTML using Dreamweaver or standard HTML. We have plenty of
work to go around and each job would be negotiated on a contract
basis. You would
receive creative direction from us, then be turned loose to
stretch your creative wings. The ideal candidate will have
the following skills:
- Proficient knowledge of Photoshop, ImageReady and Illustrator
- Excellent working knowledge of HTML, CSS layout and design,
cross-platform browser support
- Ability to take creative direction and then work independently
while adhering to a specified timeline
- Experience with WordPress is Highly Recommended. Joomla and BigCommerce also helpful.
- Knowledge of graphic compression and optimization to
meet production and delivery requirements and specifications
- Ability to take art direction and constructive criticism
- Ability to meet deadlines and quality expectations amid
the demands of a fast-paced work environment
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of branding, usability and information
- Understanding of online/Internet communities and Web technology
- Strong initiative and follow through
AMS is earching for a Project Manager who will oversee the project management, design, development and objective tracking for multiple website projects.
- Manage from a detailed and high level of project management experience which would include: scheduling, asset collation, design, deployment timelines and implementation of product sites
- Traffic analysis & metrics: goal setting, goal tracking and recommendations to achieve goals
- Recommend ongoing process improvements and drive results to achieve improvements (including increased circulation and click through rate)
- Own project vision and communicate to all parties involved.
- Work with product, business and development to effectively drive projects from concept to launch.
- Work with vendors, onsite and offshore resources.
- Ensure projects are implemented according to requirements.
- Ensure projects are launched according to published schedules.
- Resolve project, design, or resource issues before they cause schedule delays.
- 3-5 years experience in project management/development, in a customer-facing web environment.
- Understanding of development process: development, testing, and deployment as well as work breakdown, dependencies, responsibilities.
- Knowledge of web technologies, especially PHP/LAMP.
- Proficiency with SEO concepts and best practices.
- Understanding and experience in UI/UX best practices.
- Highly analytical, logical, and good problem solver.
- Strong written / oral communication skills, with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff.
- Able to plan work, organize time, and maintain workflow.
- HTML, CSS, Adobe creative suite a plus.
- Bachelors degree (CS preferred).
A company is only as strong as its workforce, so we never
take for granted how important our employees are to the past,
present and future success of AMS. Since the company was formed
in 1997, we've consistently grown and met or exceeded the goals we set forth to achieve.
We pride ourselves in being able to offer our clients the
very finest talent that Metro Detroit has to offer. If you
think your skills are up to par with the standard we've set
for ourselves, please consider submitting your resume to us.
E-mail your resume in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include samples of your work or links to web work